The Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors Foundation (AFA Foundation) is accepting nominations for the Board of Directors from now until September 30. Nominations will be reviewed and the final directors selected in November 2012.
Board members currently serve a three year term and should be passionate about serving the mission of the AFA Foundation which is:
To secure, invest and distribute the necessary resources to support the educational objectives of AFA and other relevant research, scholarship and educational programming that further the fraternity/sorority advising profession.
Ideal board members have a working knowledge of the fraternity/sorority community and/or the management of nonprofits including fundraising, governance and financial management.
All Board members of the AFA Foundation must be firmly committed to helping the organization achieve goals in programs, services, and fundraising efforts. This includes adhering to the following:
- Commit to the Mission of the AFA Foundation.
- Attend (at the board member’s or employer’s expense) and actively participate in face-to-face board meetings in their entirety (two per year).
- Attend and actively prepare and participate in board conference calls in their entirety (monthly).
- Lead or serve as an active, participatory member of at least two AFA Foundation committees, striving to support committee goals and the AFA Foundation strategic plan.
- Give at least $200 in unrestricted funds to the AFA Foundation each calendar year.
- Fundraise for the AFA Foundation.
Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged. Complete the nomination application here submit prior to September 30, 2012.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
Interested? Complete the nomination form here.
2013 Foundation Executive Committee