Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors Foundation Grants Policy
Adopted February 19, 2004
The Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors Foundation’s giving mission is to provide ongoing financial support and resources in an effort to aid the Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors in the fulfillment of its educational objectives.
In keeping with this mission, the Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors Foundation shall give preference to educational (scholarships, fellowships, professional development) grant requests from the Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors. Consideration will also be given to grant requests from other individuals and organizations that further this mission.
- Activities supported by grants and program-related investments must be educational or scientific, as defined under the appropriate provisions of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and Treasury Regulations.
- Grants are available for both members and non-members of the Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors.
- Individual grants may not be given to members of the Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors Foundation Board.
- Grants may not be used for undergraduate purposes.
- Recipients may not receive grants two years in a row, other than on-going annual contributors as determined by the board.
- The duration of a grant is for one year.
- All funds which are not spent at the end of the grant term must be returned to the Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors Foundation.
- Because its funds are limited in relation to the great number of worthwhile proposals received, the Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors Foundation directs its support to activities that are within its current interest and are likely to have wide effect.
Grant requests and scholarship applications will be reviewed twice a year. Deadlines for grant request submission will be on the following days:
Spring Deadline – April 1
Fall Deadline – October 1
Funding Proposal Requirements
Please include the following 3 components when submitting a proposal for funding:
1. Information Sheet
- Name of Organization
- Contact Person
- Telephone Number
- E-mail address
- Name of special project for which funds are requested
- Amount Requested
A typed proposal, no longer than six pages including the cover sheet, submitted on the organization's letterhead and signed by the Executive Director/and or other appropriate staff/board member or project manager. The following information should be included:
- A brief description of your organization, including its mission, history, current programs, organizational structure including board and staff leadership, achievements, geographic area and constituency served, and agency funding sources.
- A complete description of the project for which you seek funding, including: the issue or opportunity to be addressed; evidence of the issue or opportunity; target population; acknowledgement of similar efforts, explanation of why a new independent effort is needed, and/or a plan for how similar or related efforts will be incorporated; goals and expected outcomes; timeline for completion; proposed method of evaluation and who will conduct the evaluation; and, if applicable, project partners and responsibilities.
- Complete financial information for the project, including the specific amount you are requesting from the Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors Foundation, a detailed budget reflecting total costs associated with the project, plans for ongoing support, and a list of current funding commitments.
Attach organizational financial information, including a current income and expense statement, current year operating budget, and the most recent balance sheet.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT A GRANT REQUEST
Please send all grant requests to:
Attn: Grants Committee
P.O. Box 1369; Suite 250
Fort Collins, CO 80522-1369