Attending an Advance U program
The webinars presented through Advance U use a software called GoToWebinar. Below are some details to look over to test your system prior to attending your first program.
- To participate, you must first complete the registration form for the program linked on the Advance U landing page.
- Upon completing the form, you will receive an email from GoToWebinar.Notifications@citrixonline.com that includes all of the login information.
- Be sure to save this email, as it includes a unique URL that will allow you to join on the day of the program. There is also a link in the email that will allow you to add it to your Outlook calendar.
- Each Advance U program will include pre-program readings, which will be sent to all registrants before the date of the webinar
- Following the webinar, participants will also receive an action planning guide directly related to the session
- If unable to attend the live webinar, all of these resources will be available, along with an archived video of the program, through the Advance U section of the AFA website
- For PC-based attendees, Windows 7, Vista, XP, or 2003 Server is required
- For Macintosh-based attendees, Mac OS X 10.5 or newer is required
- Participants will have two options for audio:
- Listen through computer speakers through voice over-IP
- Call in using the telephone number provided in the confirmation email
- For more information, please review GoToMeeting's Audio Checklist, but note that participants do not need to worry about any details related to microphones
Joining the webinar
- At the time of the live program, follow the link in your email confirmation
- Participants will be asked to download a GoToWebinar file; if prompted, click Yes or Trust to accept the download
- When prompted, enter your name and email address to confirm your registration, and you will then be entered into the meeting
- For more details about joining the meeting and other components of the GoToWebinar attendee experience, please review the related GoToMeeting Support pages.