Print Page   |   Sign In   |   Register
General Discussion Group
Moderator(s): Kyle Moyer, Kelsey Turner
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
Social Policy Review 0 R. Cooke Hello, We are reviewing our social policies and are looking at what other schools are doing.  If you have social policies in place what do they entail?  Are you having organizations register events? How are you enforcing the policy or monitoring the organizations to ensure the policies are being followed?  Are organizations dealing with alleged violations handled through your office, a conduct office, or the governing councils? I would love to hear from you.  cookera@appstate.edu
by R. Cooke
Friday, October 21, 2016
New UVA Alcohol Policies? 1 D. Harwood I, too, miss the activity of the old AFA "Yahoo Group" discussions. It was much more vibrant than three topics and three posts. It doesn't matter how robust the machinery is if it sits idle due to its complicated nature.
by I. Gregory
Thursday, June 4, 2015
? RE: signing contracts for inter/national fraternities/sororities 0 M. Hanicak Hello, I am collaborating with Student Activities and Legal Affairs at my university to determine what is the "better" practice:  for the university to sign contracts for fraternities/sororities or should the individual chapter sign their own contracts in compliance with their inter/national policies? Here are my specific questions:  At your institution what is your practice/policy in regards to the following types of contracts: 1.  Events with alcohol (socials, formals, held at bars, hotels, other locations, security company, etc.) 2.  Events without alcohol (retreats, sisterhoods/brotherhoods, parent or alumni brunches - again event location contracts, etc.) 3.  Transportation (buses, car/van rentals, etc.) 4.  Event activities (inflatables, entertainment, DJ's, etc.) Lastly, in your opinion, what is considered the most current, best practices in regards to these issues? Thank you for your assistance.  I would be happy to report my findings out to those wishing to receive them. Best regards, Mary Ann Hanicak Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs/Fraternity & Sorority Advisor John Carroll University
by M. Hanicak
Thursday, June 4, 2015
Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal