AFA Foundation Annual Meeting Fundraising Chair and Committee
The Annual Meeting Planning Team Committee (AMPT) has a new volunteer opportunity to enhance the Annual Meeting by assisting in the planning and management of fundraising events for the AFA Foundation. We are looking for committed individuals with previous
fundraising and/or event experience or those who would like to gain fundraising experience. The purpose of this committee is to promote the AFA Foundation and help manage the various fundraising efforts throughout the Annual Meeting.
- Assist with the AFA Foundation Silent Auction.
- Work with the AFA Foundation board and association staff to develop a solicitation action plan, which includes a wish list and potential sources of donations.
- Using personal and business contacts, personally solicit and secure auction and raffle items.
- Work on-site to collect Silent Auction items, as well as set up and tear down.
- Oversee all logistics for the Fun Run including solidify the date, time, and location of the event, securing city permits, etc.
- Oversee the planning, promotion, and implementation of the Variety Show.
- Coordinate the on-site selling of the “Because You Believe” stickers.
- Help promote the AFA Foundation through varies social media channels.
- Attend the Annual Meeting and potentially arrive on site early.
- Attend committee meetings and calls as scheduled.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Should be friendly, professional, and have a persuasive manner.
- Flexible and adaptable; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent project management, communication, collaboration, and team participation skills.
- Previous experience in fundraising/event management is desirable but not essential.
- In addition to the qualifications listed above for the committee, the Fundraising chair should have some previous fundraising experience and have attended three or more Annual Meetings.
- Experience in conference management is a plus.
- Monthly committee calls
- Projected time commitments for the Fundraising chair are 2 hours per week during slow times and 4-5 hours per week during busy times.
- Committee members can expect to spend 2-4 hours per week on committee activities.
Annual Meeting Scholarship Review Committee
The AFA Foundation gives out more than $12,000 in scholarships annually to Graduate and Professional members to attend the Annual Meeting. The Scholarship Review Committee is responsible for reviewing and making recommendations for professional, affiliate,
and graduate scholarships from the AFA Foundation.
The Annual Meeting Scholarship Committee is a short-term volunteer opportunity. Members of this committee may also serve on other committees within the association.
- Scholarship review will take place in mid-September.
- Committee members can expect to spend 2-5 hours reviewing applications.
Submit your application by November 2!